If you have been using social media and networking for the past few years or reading related books including Trust Agents and Google+ for Business, chances are you're pretty familiar with Chris Brogan. We recently connected at the Inbound Marketing Summit in NYC to record this brief video clip and two others releasing soon about his new book and how to be a successful creator.
In the clip above, we discussed the value of storytelling and how best to apply this in a cohesive way across many touchpoints. Chris points out that it's no longer good practice to just use social channels -- the stakes are now higher for your business and future. Some highlights from our conversation are:
- Use your website for conversions to achieve specific goals and objectives
- Use social channels for being social and to enable inbound conversations
- Craft, invite and share stories in a coordinated fashion across channels
- Create video to help tell stories and provide useful information
- Help customers see themselves in the world you created for them