During the past month, while working on a few projects and researching crowdfunding and the Indiegogo platform, I've been reminded of how important -- absolutely essential -- other people are when creating real value. Yes, there are consultants, entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, CEOs, CMOs, etc. but none of these individuals can be successful without employees, teams, partners, vendors, fans, friends, family and the community at large.
With that said, I'd like to thank a few faces in the crowd. I can assure you there will be more soon to acknowledge:
- Andra Norris, my wife (she's opening a new art gallery called Gallerie Citi)
- Terry Earlywine, a talented designer and production artist (he's new on Twitter)
- Janet Roberts, a reliable writer I've known for years; she's helping with key projects
- The Typepad.com team (I've been relying on them since 2007)
- John Phillips (ATP World Tour digital wizard who knows the future of tennis)
- Friends at Ektron (a great CMS and CXM software company)
- Mark Burginger of Qubits Toy (key in my Shark Tank work; he's a diverse creator)
- Jeffrey Hayzlett (an expert at Running the Gauntlet)
- Daymond John and the ABC Shark Tank team (they remind me of what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur/intrapreneur ... or simply, a creator ... like you)
There are many other people I've been in touch with lately and their efforts/response is much appreciated! I'm eternally optimistic and will blog about new developments, soon.